Patch Notes: v19 "The Ninja Update"

Critical announcements regarding the server, including patch notes.
Caelic
Site Admin

Patch Notes: v19 "The Ninja Update"

Post by Caelic » Fri May 03, 2019 10:48 pm

It's time to make NIN great again boys. An extra read on the state of Ninja on the server is here if it garners interest.
  • BCNM drops have been updated to include drops from other BCNMs that are not available (thanks Ulric!). For more info on what drops have been added, see here. Notable examples are O-kote, Eurytos's Bow and Cross-Counters. Yes, they still also drop from their respective NMs, just like how Peacock Charm works.
  • All of the Hilltrolls in Mount Zhaylom have had their level reduced to a static 75
  • Levelling up to 70 on PUP, BLU or COR will now auto-complete Genkai 70
  • WHM, BLM, RNG and SMN can now parry attacks (they were previously unable to)
  • THF: Hide now drops aggro from mobs when set as the subjob
  • THF: Sneak Attack now has a cap on its damage modifier on weaponskills. This cap is only reached on a few of the highest damaging weaponskills in the game
  • BRD: Mazurka now wears off upon players being attacked (it could previously be used to outrun almost any aggro since 50 movement speed is already on the edge of what monsters can keep up with)
  • NIN: Now gains the Provoke ability
  • NIN: Maximum HP increased
  • NIN: The Ninja Tool Expertise merit now completely removes the ninja tool requirement on all Ninjutsu
  • NIN: All shurikens' NQ recipes have increased from x33 to x66; HQ1 increased to 99x
  • NIN: Elemental ninjutsu spells will now "mark" enemies with an elemental weakness; this one-time charge is expended on use from an elemental black magic spell, another elemental ninjutsu spell or weapon skill to deal extra damage (functionality with blue magic may be added in the future)
  • NIN: All Katana weaponskill damage has been increased
  • NIN: Great Katana skill increased from C- to A
  • SAM: Zanshin now takes affect when SAM is the subjob
  • SAM: Now passively gains increased parry rate when wielding a two-handed weapon
  • COR: Rolls will now consider all of the party's sub jobs as "main jobs" when applying roll bonuses. This includes cases where the COR is playing solo.
  • PUP: Deploy no longer removes Invisible
  • PUP: Tsetseroon in Nashmau now sells several previously unavailable automaton attachments
  • PUP: Hilltroll Puppetmasters in Mount Zhaylom (now lv 75) have had their drop rates increased and their drop tables updated with several new attachments
  • DNC: Chocobo Jig now wears off upon players being attacked (it could previously be used to outrun almost any aggro since 50 movement speed is already on the edge of what monsters can keep up with)
I'd also like to announce that, after several issues with it, our crummy installer is officially being retired and I'm going to start work on a better .exe installer soon. I'm going to be cleaning up the website and Discord a bit as well... I'd like to hear from anyone here what we can do better on advertising the server. Marketing is very much a weakness of mine so if you think you can help or give some pointers, toss me a DM in Discord. I really want to see faster growth on the server be a reality. That's all for today.